West Lea School Exam Results 2017
West Lea School are celebrating outstanding examinations results. A focus on improving the curriculum has meant that students continue to achieve a broad set of appropriate qualifications.
Core provision highlights:
- There were 22 students in Year 11 in the 2016/17 cohort
- Overall 55% of students achieved 5 (or more) appropriate level qualifications. One student achieved a Grade 2 GCSE in Mathematics. Two students in the Attain Pathway achieved 5 (or more) AQA awards, including preparing and serving food to a peer group.
- 82% of students achieved at least Entry Level 1 in both English and Maths.
- 85% of students entered for the BTEC in Skills for Work and Independence (in the Achieve Pathway) achieved a Diploma at Entry Level 2.
- All students moved on to appropriate pathways in Year 12 (no NEETs).
Year 11 - Curriculum Pathways:
- Aspire Pathway (Lanthaler Class - 4 students) - 100% achieved 5 (or more) appropriate level qualifications and 100% achieved both a Maths and English qualification.
- Achieve Pathway (Dutoit/Winwec Class(s) - 14 students) - 50% achieved 5 (or more) qualifications and 100% achieved a Maths and English qualification.
- Attain Pathway (Wright Class - 4 students) - 100% achieved 5 (or more) AQA awards.
Year 11 - Pupil Premium Students:
- Aspire Pathway (1 student) - 100% achieved 5 (or more) appropriate level qualifications.
- Achieve Pathway (2 students) - Neither student achieved 5 (or more) appropriate level qualifications, however, both achieved qualifications in Maths and English.
- Attain Pathway (2 students) - 100% achieved 5 (or more) AQA awards.
West Lea also offer qualifications in Skills for Work and Independence. This reflects our drive to ensure we provide the best possible preparation for students for the time when they leave school. 100% of Year 11 students who studied Skills for Work and Independence achieved a qualification.
Of course these results were not gained solely in year 11, but have been the result of a dedicated and relentless drive to ensure students make the best progress possible year on year. The results show the hard work and dedication of students and teachers. Parents, staff and students have played their part to ensure these results were possible. The results equate to outstanding levels of progress for our students. We are very proud to say that 100% of our Year 11 students have gone on to further education, employment or training.
Please click on the link below which will take you to the DfE school performance website.