Welcome to Meridian Campus – ‘TAKING OFF’!
Our culture and ethos ensures that pupils have fun and are comfortable in their surroundings. Children are welcomed, feel valued and their voices are heard from day one.
We fully appreciate that every child is different and we work tirelessly to understand the motivations, goals and preferred methods of learning. Essential independence, communication, reading, maths and computing skills form the basis of our curriculum. Taught through a range of exciting topics the children receive an engaging and broad curriculum.
Children engage in stimulating, rewarding activities that build both skills and confidence, so that each and every individual within our community is able to ‘take off’ and then move on to fantastic things at the Haselbury Campus. For some that might mean working towards using money in a shop, whilst for others it could involve learning how to dress or make a snack.
Children have the opportunity to take part in a range of enrichment activities, including residential visits, a wide variety of after-school clubs and sporting events throughout the year. Partnership with parents is a key component to support the children at Meridian Campus. We encourage parents to join us for coffee mornings, as well as performances and review days.
We aim for every child at Meridian Campus to:
- Build strong friendships with peers.
- Develop a love of learning and engage in a wide range of activities.
- Be motivated to take part and give things a go!
- Feel safe to make mistakes and view misunderstanding as a positive part of the learning process.
- Develop basic life skills which will enable them to be active members of the community.
- Have fun and enjoy being at West Lea!
We will give children equal opportunities to develop their abilities and personalities as fully as possible.